Toniq software runs on Microsoft Windows - specifically either the Professional or Business version of Windows is required. It must also be 64-bit. The following operating systems are supported:
- * Windows 11
- * Windows 10
- * Windows 8.1 – End of support in January 2023
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 – End of support in October 2023
Note: Toniq no longer supports the following operating systems: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP Professional, Windows 2000 (Professional or Server), Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- The Windows installation should be in English - Toniq will not be able to provide our usual support levels if Windows is set to another language.
- Check printer drivers are available for all printers, particularly older till receipt printers, for the operating system.
- Windows 10 only supports Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later. If you have a paid edition of SQL Server, check the version with your hardware supplier or Toniq to ensure it is compatible.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and above will only run on 64-bit systems. The minimum requirement is for the server and a backup computer (preferably more than one) to be 64-bit.
- Windows updates should be applied regularly to ensure your computers are secure and patched for vulnerabilities.
Keeping Windows updated is part of NZ Pharmacy requirements for the Health Network / Connected Health.