Note: A full guide of the Toniq Product Catalogue Data Standards is attached at the bottom of this article.
There are several general rules that apply across all fields to ensure a consistent, accurate, and standardised format of product master data in Toniq’s systems.
- Do not use:
- Symbols such as trademark or copyright.
- The special characters backslash (\), comma (,), or double quotes (“).
- Tabs or indents.
- Avoid abbreviations.
- Barcodes must be as on product packaging and per the GS1 barcode rules. If a leading zero is used on the barcode it must be included in the form.
- Ensure that brand names and product descriptions are consistent across all items in your product catalogue.
All data is for the retail sales item; the retailer must be able to sell the retail sales item via Toniq Retail. If a product is in a pack that can be broken down into units for sale, provide the details for the retail sales item, as well as the appropriate buying multiples, and inner and outer pack quantities.
The data supplied will go through a quality assurance process before creating the Toniq price list file to ensure that the appropriate data standards are met.
A separate Toniq product form is not required if you are submitting Ranged products to Green Cross Health using the Green Cross Health NPD form and no additional data is required by Toniq.
New Product vs Product Change Guidelines
Changes to existing products must be entered on the Toniq Vendor Web Portal. Toniq will check the product change data and update the product record as requested. If the requested changes fall out of what is deemed permissible Toniq will advise and may request further details or request that a new product request be submitted.
Below are some general guidelines to help determine whether a product change request or a new product request should be submitted.
- A new product is required if:
- The net content has changed.
- Any dimension or any gross weight changes by more than 20%.
- The primary brand of the product has changed.
- Any formulation or functionality has changed.
- Any certification mark, symbol, or wording that is validated by an external authority has changed.
- The pre-defined assortment of a multipack has changed.
- Any other change that requires the allocation of a new barcode.
For the above changes, a new barcode will be required and therefore a new product record will be required. A new and unique product description and product code is required for all new products.
- A product change is required if:
- Any dimension or any gross weight changes by 20% or less.
- The product description or name has changed but the product has not.
- The standard cost or RRP has changed.
- The outer or inner packaging configuration, the minimum order quantity, or the buying multiple has changed.
Toniq aims to process each submission and make it available to end users via the Toniq price list service within 5 working days. This timeframe relies partially on receiving correct and valid product data. To ensure the service level is met, we expect a timely response to any queries regarding the submission. Following the data standards laid out in this document will minimise follow-up questions from Toniq.
Note: this service level does not affect the agreement with Green Cross Health for their ‘Ranged NPD’ process.