Toniq is aware there is an issue with the claiming of OST prescriptions.
UPDATE 09/02/24: Toniq has been notified by Te Whatu Ora that approval for the necessary changes for OST claiming has been given and will be implemented as soon as possible.
In the interim, continue to process claims for OST manually:
- dispense OST scripts as usual,
- create a batch at the end of the claiming period and get its reply file,
- make a note of the rx numbers of OST claim items that were not paid, and
- ring the Te Whatu Ora (0800 505 125), advise them of those OST script numbers, and ask for them to be processed manually.
Te Whatu Ora (TWO) will put an Extended Supply flag on those OST items and process them manually. Because the claims are processed manually, there may be a delay in payments. TWO ask pharmacies to dispense repeats as per usual, even if payment hasn't been made for previous dispensings.
Please be aware:
- The claim reply file will show 089 or 144 errors on OST items.
- Payments for OST scripts will be made separately from the rest of the claim.
- The Toniq claim errors will not be visually resolved, even after payment has been made.
- Continue dispensing repeats, even if previous scripts have not yet been processed.