There is a continuing evolution of the New Zealand Electronic Prescription Service (NZePS) - moving towards paperless prescriptions, increased security and greater efficiencies.
New developments in doctors' prescribing software mean that it is now possible for e-prescriptions to be sent directly to Toniq Inbox.
As prescribing systems are updated, doctors will send prescriptions directly to the Toniq prescription Inbox. As a result, some prescribers will no longer send prescriptions via email, and the only place you will find these prescriptions is in the Toniq Inbox.
The Toniq Inbox has features to help consolidate incoming prescriptions and automatically print them. It will help keep your prescription workflow all in one place. For example, you can forward emailed scripts from dentists, midwives, and specialists straight to Toniq Inbox without needing third-party applications.
Access the Toniq Inbox messages by pressing F4 Inbox from the prescription entry screen:
The top information bar of Dispensary will show an envelope icon when there are new messages:
- If Toniq Inbox is not receiving expected scripts from a particular practice:
- The practice may have the wrong Facility HPI for your pharmacy - Toniq recommends contacting them to inform them of the correct one. See Pharmacy Facility HPI in Toniq to find the HPI of your pharmacy.
- If the same script prints twice:
- This occurs for scripts that contain controlled drugs - two SCIDs (NZePS barcodes) are generated, one for CDs and the other for non-CDs.
- Indici is working on a fix that will be available to practices in mid-November.
- If each script is printing multiple pages - one or two items per page:
- UPDATE - Medtech has requested that the pharmacies urge local practices to raise tickets with Medtech support. Medtech will then help to resolve this issue, and it will also result in Medtech increasing the priority on longer-term solutions.
- The order of items on physical / PDF script vs after scanning is different:
- UPDATE - Medtech has requested that the pharmacies urge local practices to raise tickets with Medtech support.
- If Toniq Inbox is not working at all:
- Email email@example.com and we will contact you to resolve the issue.
- The icon may have an exclamation mark:
The following links to the Toniq Library pages on how the Toniq Inbox functions in the Dispensary application: