All controlled drugs require countersigning automatically in 1CHART if they have been selected from medicine suggestion list. If they have been free-texted, they will only require countersigning if the doctor or pharmacist has ticked the CD box OR if a keyword in the free-texted medicine name or route is listed in the countersigning settings.
The clinical administrator has access to update the countersigning setting in the Admin / Facility settings as per the facility or Corporation policy.
- Got to admin tab and then Facility settings / Countersigning tab.
- Add any medicines to the list which require countersigning. If a generic medicine term like insulin requires countersigning, do not select a medication from the suggestion list. Type only the term, e.g. 'insulin' or 'hydroxocobalamin'.
- Select the 'Route' bubble and add any routes of administration to the list.
- Save the settings.
- The settings will now update for all medicines charted with those specifications from the save-point onward.
- Please contact Toniq to update the countersigning settings fort all existing charted items.