- If a new patient’s dose pack information has been set up in Toniq Dispensary, this information can be exported to 1CHART.
- If the patient has already been created in 1CHART and a doctor has already charted medicines in the patient’s profile, the patient’s medicines cannot be exported.
- If the patient has transferred from another 1CHART facility, it is safer to transfer the chart than to re-export the patient (UNLESS the patient is returning from a stay in hospital, in which case the pharmacy may have changes that the transferring chart doesn’t).
1. To export a patient from Dispensary, go to 5. Dosepacks/Charts from the Main page
2. Select 4. 1CHART.
3. Select 1. Export Patients to 1CHART.
4. Find the institution you wish to export to and select it.
5. Find the patient in the list, then select F6 to export the patient to 1CHART
If you cannot find the patient in the list, it may be that they have already existed in 1CHART previously OR the patient’s profile has been set up in 1CHART by the care facility. That’s okay! To see if this is the case:
1. Press F10 Other.
2. Select 1. Include patients already on 1CHART.
3. Search for the patient. Ignore the status ‘NHI exists on 1CHART’, as this is very probably a historical record.
4. Select F6 to export the patient to 1CHART. A warning will come up advising the NHI already exists on 1CHART - select Y to try exporting the patient anyway.
In the event the export fails, look for the NHI number in 1CHART - it is likely that the either the NHI exists at another facility and is active (i.e. does not have a status of Left Facility or Deceased) OR the patient exists at the facility already and a prescriber has already charted for the person.