A Blank order allows the user to create a manual order - that is, an order that is not generated automatically by the Dispensary system.
You would create a blank order in the following situations:
- You are new to the Dispensary system and don’t have enough product history to be able to generate an accurate automatic order.
- You want to do a quick or small order (without waiting for the system to do lots of calculations) and bring up additional items that you do not require.
- Items have been supplied but there is no order in the Dispensary system for you to receive them into stock.
You can create several Blank Order forms (e.g., one for each supplier) OR have one blank form and change the Supplier as appropriate.
Creating Blank Order
From the Main menu:
- Go to 2. Stock Control > 1. New order
- Check for an existing blank order form.
- If not found, press F3 New Type to create a new order type.
- Enter a descriptive name in the Order type field, e.g., Blank order
- Choose a Supplier - press the Space bar then Enter and select one from the choices in the dropdown box. The supplier can be changed with each new blank/manual order that is processed.
- Set the Min Cover field to 0.
- Type N in Max Cover (N = Not an automatic order).
- If the order is for a wholesaler select the right Med price list to see outer packs.
Once F12 Accept Details is pressed, the manual order form is created. The settings will be saved so the Order Typer can be recalled for future use.