- Exit out of Toniq, both Retail and Dispensary, every night.
- Restart all computers once a week.
- Do backups, at least daily, preferably using two or more different methods, e.g. Toniq Vault, USB pen drives, and/or to a PC that is not the current server.
- Keep your operating system up to date.1
- Reliable computers are critical to your business running smoothly so we recommend keeping your hardware up to date.
- Make sure you have appropriate antivirus and firewall software on all your PCs.1 2
1Any computers connected to the Health Network is required to be secure and up to date.
2Optional: add exceptions for the Toniq folders if Antivirus is slowing down the program. (Folders for exceptions C:\Program Files (x86)\Dispensary, C:\Program Files (x86)\Toniq\, C:\Toniqfiles\), We add firewall rules for the Windows firewall, any third party firewall will need configuration by your IT support people.