Serial numbers can be reviewed, added, updated and deleted via the stock card.
From the Main Menu in Retail:
- 2 Stock Control
3 Stock Maintenance
2 Maintain Products
- Recall the item (e.g. TomTom Heart Rate Monitor)
- Make sure Serialized Stock is ticked (See the Setting stock cards to track serial numbers section for more details)
- F6 [Stats], F9 [Serial Nbrs]
- This screen will show you the serial numbers already added or received, their cost and received date, their sell date, invoice and price if applicable. There may also be lines with a ‘blank’ Serial number where the ‘override’ ability was used.
- This screen is sorted by numeric/alpha by default with blank (override) items at the top of the list. You can change the order using F4 [Sort] - to review by Serial Number, Received date, Order number, Sold date, Invoice number, Credited sales, Credited orders, ID. Reselecting the same sort criteria will sort it in the reverse order.
- This screen allows you to add and edit details about serial numbers, including the ability to link/de-link a serial number to an existing transaction or delete serial numbers.
Important: You must F12 Accept Details on this screen for any changes to be saved
- F7 [Sales History] / F8 [Purchase History] take you to the normal stockcard Sales and Purchase history screens
Adding Serial Number Details
- F3 [Add] then scan (or type in) the serial number into the Enter New Serial Number box. Press Enter. This will NOT apply a cost to the item and does NOT adjust the Stock on hand figure.
NB: You MUST F12 [Accept Details] on the Maintain Serial Numbers screen to save the changes. However, you may choose to add other transactions details first.
- If you know, and want to add, the Order details that this item (serial number) was originally received on use the F5 [Edit Trans] option. You will be presented with a submenu to select a Purchase Order, Sale Transaction, Credit Order or Credit Sale Transaction and then a list of transactions of that type which included this item (serial number).
- Highlight the order you want this serial number attached to, press Enter* (the line will go orange) then F12 [Accept Details]. NB: Press Enter again to unselect if you selected the wrong line.
NB: * If you do not press Enter you will be prompted
- F12 [Accept Details] and some of the order history will be displayed beside the Serial number.
Editing Serial Numbers
- To edit a serial number (e.g., to fix an incorrectly entered number) or to add the number if ‘override’ was used previously, highlight the appropriate line and press F2 [Edit Serial #]. Scan or type in the correct details and press Enter.
- To edit transactional details on an existing (added) serial number (e.g. to add the sales or order details) highlight the appropriate line and press F5 [Edit Trans]. You will be presented with a list of transaction types you are associate to this serial number (Purchase Order, Sale Transaction, Credit Order or Credit Sale Transaction)
- After selecting the required transaction type option (1-4) you will be presented with a list of transactions (of this type) on which this product was included.
NB: As you highlight each transaction you can see how many and which serial numbers have already been associated with this particular transaction.
NB: The transaction lines are color coded: Green shows the transaction that the serial number you have selected is currently associated to (there can only be one). Grey shows that the transaction has its fully allocated quantity of serial numbers (there are no spare slots to allocate the selected serial number), Black means that these transactions have spare spaces (you could allocate your selected serial number to this transaction if it’s the right one) and Red means that the transaction has too many serial numbers allocated.
- To associate this transaction to the serial number press ENTER and the line will highlight orange, then F12 [Accept Details]
NB: You MUST F12 [Accept Details] again (at the Maintain Serial numbers screen) to save the changes.
- To remove transactional details on an existing serial number highlight the appropriate line and press F6 [Remove Trans]
- Choose what transaction type you want to remove: Purchase order, Sales transaction, Credit order or Credit Sale Transaction
- After making your selection this transaction type (if available) will be de-associated from this serial number
NB: You MUST F12 [Accept Details] again (at the Maintain Serial numbers screen) to save the changes
Editing Serial Numbers in POS
From the Main Menu in Retail:
- 1 POS
1 POS Selling
Seller Log On
- F10 [Other], R [Recall transactions]
- Recall the transaction as normal (Recall transaction process in POS)
- F2 [View trans], F2 [Edit trans]
- Highlight the serial number item
- F10 [Other], E [Edit serial number]
- You will be presented with the Scan Serial # screen again to select the ‘correct’ number.
- F12 [Tender], F12 [Accept Edit]
Deleting Serial Numbers
To delete serial number, highlight the appropriate line and press F10 [Delete]. You will be prompted to confirm deletion.
Important: Deleting the serial number here does NOT delete the actual order or sales transactions just the associations.