A hidden account will not generate an end of month statement, so these should be monitored regularly to track any customers with outstanding debts.
Outstanding HIDDEN Debtors = no payment = lost money!
Find Hidden Accounts with a Balance
From the main menu in Retail:
- 3 Debtors
- 3 Maintain Debtors in Bulk
- F3 Add
- Enter 0.01 in the ‘Total bal greater than’ field
- Tick ‘Only Hidden’
- F12 Accept Details to generate list
Adjusting Accounts in Bulk
Having found your hidden debtors you may wish to unhide them OR, if they are trivial amounts, it may be more appropriate to write off the balance.
To unhide all the hidden debtors in bulk
- Select F10 [Other]
- 3 [Set/Unset hidden] (ensure ‘Unset’ is ticked)
- F12 [Accept Details] twice & answer Y [Yes] to ‘change’
OR to unhide or write off the individual debts
- Select F2 [Edit list]
- E [Edit list Item by Item]
- Highlight the relevant debtor
- Press F2 [Edit Debtor]
To write off the debt
- F10 [Other]
- R [Recalculate],
- Press F8 [Jrnl Entry],
- Type in the balance outstanding,
- F12 [Accept]
- F11 [Next Page]
- Untick the Hide box.
- F12 [Accept Details]
- move onto the next debtor and repeat.