NZFNote: NZF Integration is available from Toniq version 5.39.
|Please contact Toniq for help converting Intolerances to NZF Allergies/ADR|
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Transfer Patient Intolerances to NZF Allergies/Adverse Reactions
- Check Converted Allergies/Adverse Reactions
If your pharmacy has patients with MIMS Intolerances, they need to be converted to NZF Allergies/Adverse Reactions (ADR) format. They will then be able to be utilized by NZF functionality such as allergy checking during dispensing. Even if no longer subscribed to MIMS, dispensing to a patient with Intolerances will prompt the warning:
|MIMS INTOLERANCES TO NZF ALLERGIES/ADR IS A ONE-WAY CONVERSION
MIMS Intolerances will be deleted once converted to NZF Allergies/ADR
The process of converting patients' MIMS Intolerances to NZF Allergies/ADR may take quite some time, depending on computer resources and the number of patients with Intolerances. In rare circumstances it may take an hour or more. Because of this, Toniq recommends doing the conversion on a less used workstation or during quieter hours. Once begun, Toniq cannot stop the transfer of Intolerances to NZF Allergies/ADR, and the process should never be stopped by alternative means.
Once converted, the new NZF Allergies/ADR must be checked. See Check Converted Allergies/Adverse Reactions below.
Transfer Patient Intolerances to NZF Allergies/Adverse Reactions
|A BACKUP MUST BE DONE BEFORE THE CONVERSION|
- From the main menu, go to 7. Administration > 2. Database utilities > 5. Convert MIMS Intolerances to NZF. This will display the following warning:
- Choose Backup Menu if one has not already been done. Once the backup is complete, return to this menu and continue with the following steps.
- On choosing Yes, the utility uses the medicine ULM codes of patient’s Intolerances to convert them to NZF Allergies/ADR. The process of converting each patient’s Intolerances then creating a report is lengthy:
- When finished, the program will indicate where the report has been saved:
- Restart Toniq Dispensary after switching to NZF so that all new components, such as the Allergy function keys under Edit Patient, display appropriately.
Note: The conversion will transfer any notes associated with Intolerances to the new NZF functionality.
Check Converted Allergies/Adverse Reactions
Use the Intolerance Conversion Report to check that patients’ converted NZF Allergies/ADR are correct – it will be saved to c:\Toniq Users\Pdf on the computer which did the conversion. For convenience, the report is ordered by last dispensing date, with deceased patients listed last:
CHECK ALL CONVERTED NZF ALLERGIES FOR ACCURACY
On the Intolerance Conversion Report it is particularly important to check the Allergies/ADR of patients marked with a dark grey bar.
- These may have a mismatch in number of Intolerances to NZF Allergies/ADR:
- There may also be Intolerances which do not have equivalent NZF Allergies/ADR assigned at all:
This happens when the medicine does not have a ULM code (e.g. it may be a pharmacy created stock card, or an old or unusual medicine). These Allergies/ADR can be added manually by using a more recent generic of the medicine, or a patient warning note may be added.