Funded flu vaccine available in 2023
Afluria Quad (2023 formulation) - pharmacode: 2649292
Please refer to the Pharmaceutical Schedule for eligibility criteria: click here.
1. Prescriber as Pharmacist Vaccinator
The administrator (Prescriber) of the flu vaccination should be set up in Toniq as a Pharmacist Vaccinator:
Note: The Registration number for a Pharmacist Vaccinator should not have a prefix. This may mean that a pharmacist is listed as a prescriber twice – once with their Professional group set to Pharmacist (and have a hyphenated prefix on the Registration number) and the other set to Pharmacist Vaccinator.
2. Update the service pricing
From the main menu, go to:
- 7. Administration
- 1. Setup
- 4. Standard price parameters
- Press Check I/Net F4
- Select ICPSA Contract variation 4 (from Oct 2022)
- Accept prompt advising new pricing and press F12 to save
- Process the script as per normal, with the Prescriber set as the pharmacist vaccinator
- If the eligibility requirements are met, put the NSS Quantity as 0 (zero):
- If the script is subsidised, a pharmacy prescription copy will always print (but not if it is NSS)
- All Influenza vaccines should be loaded onto the portal
The prescription details report can be used to find all patients who have had a flu vaccination. The report can be found in:
- 3. Reports > 2. Prescription reports > 2. Prescription details
- Fill in the required Date Range (using F3 or entering the Start date and End date manually),
- Select the medicine (flu vaccination) that you want to report on
- Optional: tick Patient Name order to format the report as shown below
- Optional: tick Include Rx Notes/comment or Include Directions if batch, expiry, or location of administration was recorded in one of those fields and needs to be reported on.